KeraStat Gel – Burn Management Product Line
Burn injuries are physically and psychologically painful with scarring that lasts a lifetime. Burn damage often extends beyond the initial area of injury, and burn wound progression increases the likelihood of hypertrophic scarring, contractures, need for surgical excision and grafting, burn wound infection, sepsis, shock, and possible death. KeraNetics has developed an FDA approved hydrogel wound dressing for first and second degree burn management.
Pre-Clinical Models Show:
- Provides a barrier function
- Absorbs excess wound exudate
Indications for Use
KeraStat Gel is intended to provide a moist environment and absorb excess wound exudate. KeraStat Gel is indicated for management of a number of partial thickness skin wounds such as:
- Partial thickness (first and second degree burns)
- Severe sunburns
- Superficial injuries, cuts, abrasions, and incisions/surgical wounds.
KeraStat Gel also may be used in the management of dry, light, and moderately exuding partial thickness wounds including:
- Pressure (stage I-II) ulcers
- Venous stasis ulcers, ulcers caused by mixed vascular etiologies
- Diabetic ulcers
- Donor sites, and grafts.