Keratins are a class of structural proteins with unique physical, chemical, and biomaterial characteristics. The patented purification process creates unique properties not available with other purification processes. These properties provide an environment supportive of the body’s natural healing process, promoting soft and hard tissue repair.
KeraNetics holds numerous patents for methods of purifying keratin proteins and for fields of use in regenerative medicine and trauma.
KeraNetics’ proprietary processing methods allow it to be engineered into the following material forms:
Keratin is a novel and versatile biomaterial with several unique properties:
- Human-derived proteins (no animal products)
- Purified, fractionated, intact proteins
- Strong safety profile
- Tunable characteristics with degradation rates that can be engineered
- Can act as a controlled release drug delivery system
- Hydrolytic degradation (non-enzymatic)