How to Apply KeraStat®
Directions for use during Radiation Therapy:
- Apply KeraStat® Cream after your first radiation treatment. Prepare the treated area by cleaning with warm water and mild, fragrance free soap.
- After the first day, continue to apply KeraStat® Cream two times a day (recommend once in the morning and once before bed).
- KeraStat® Cream is a medical product. It is not meant to replace your daily moisturizing routine, which can be used in combination with KeraStat® Cream or continued as directed by your health care provider.
- Express a small pea sized dab of KeraStat® Cream from the tube and cover the treatment area and surrounding skin.
- Lightly spread KeraStat® Cream to form a thin layer over the area of skin treated and edges of skin around the radiated area. Ensure the entire treated area is covered lightly with the cream.
- There is no need to over-use. A pea sized dab should cover an area the size of your hand. If pilling (balling) occurs, the cream was applied too thickly. Do not apply KeraStat® Cream four hours prior to a radiation session.
- A secondary dressing may be applied if desired.
Purified water, glycerin, mineral oil, keratin, caprylic triglyceride, dimethicone, sodium polyacrylate, hydrogenated polydecene, trideceth-6, sodium stearoyl glutamate, phenoxyethanol, and ethylhexylglycerin.
KeraStat® Cream is not indicated for full
thickness or third-degree burns. Please refer to full product package insert for additional instructions for use.
Contact a health care professional if (1) signs of infection occur (e.g., increased pain), (2) there is a change in wound color and/or odor, (3) the wound does not begin to show signs of healing, or (4) any other unexpected symptoms occur.
KeraStat® is a registered trademark, and the product incorporates patented and/or patent pending technologies owned by KeraNetics, Inc. Federal law restricts this device to sale by or on the order of a physician.